today we are going to continue work on are essay's. i will place you into pairs of differing strengths. u will use the following information (along with a transition word worksheet template and peer editing forms). with your buddy you will both work together for each paper to do the following:
These are things to look for and DELETE or CHANGE as you work with your buddy:
1. I hope that....
2. Today I'm going to tell you about... or This essay is about...
4. Numbered lists of information
5. Thank you...
6. Any place it sounds like a speech. This is NOT your speech!
7. Transitions. Find all of your transitions and highlight any that repeat. Those need to be changed.
8. Anything NOT in MLA format
9. Font larger than 12 point
10. Use the video below to rewrite the introduction. Then rewrite the conclusion to go along with your new introduction (stating the same thing just a different way.
after working with your buddy, you will find two other people to use the peer editing form to help you on your paper (find another pair to trade with).
The last half of class will be socratic seminar. you will need to read the next ch. of the giver (ch 15 and 16) and be prepared to share at least 3 questions with the group.
WTG: Lesson 23 (due Thur.)
Spelling City: 3 Lessons (due Wed. night)
Genius Hour: Continue to work on presentations and essays
Socratic Seminar: Prepare for this on Thursday by reading Ch. 15 and 16 and preparing a minimum of three in-depth questions for our Socratic Seminar.
ELA 4 Genius Hour Essay Requirements:
Sources: 10 minimum (2 or more must be from somewhere NOT online)
Essay: 10 Paragraphs min.
Format: MLA format with Work’s Cited Page
Wordly Wise Lessons