Please hand in WTG if you have not done so already. Then be ready for read-aloud and a discussion about lunch count. You will need: a pencil, marker/highlighter
We are going to continue working on our Presidential Debate work. These are the steps that need to be completed:
1. Mark up text
2. Find answers to the questions
3. Re-read for more clarity (on your own)
4. Read with a buddy (aloud) and discuss
5. Complete Venn Diagram (Remember, what is in the text goes in the circle, what is outside the text (from your own mind and experience) goes outside the circle.
6. Write a five-paragraph description of what type of person would make the best President: Paragraph 1: Introduction
Paragraph 2: Ethics
Paragraph 3: Finance
Paragraph 4: Global Relations
Paragraph 5: Conclusion
Words to Go Lessons
1st Quarter Genius Hour Requirements:
Topic: Anything that intrigues you (except video games and movies)
Essay: MLA format, 5 paragraphs
Resources: 3 or more
Time: 7-10 min.
Required for All:
Digital/3D Visuals, Dress Up, Audience Engagement
Duo Presentation, Food, Special Audience, Music, Handout, Demonstration
Shurley Parent Help Book: Click here to access the parent help book for Shurley.
Performances: Use the Citation Machine button above to cite your sources in MLA format.
Remember that you will be presenting these Performances (presentations) at the end of Third Quarter (March 13-23, 2018). Be certain to plan your time wisely...it sneaks up on all of us!