Today let's begin with the workout below. Stretch it out and get ready or some fitness!
Next, we will explore the CHOICES back cover...does anything surprise you?
Then, we will make a list of recipes that you are interested in making (on the back board).
Also, each person (or group of people working together) will create a To Do list as well as a table-top informational sheet (with photos and explanation of recipe and nutritional information) that will be placed on the table for others to see when they are enjoying your treat.
Today we will be getting a great fitness challenge, as well as working on our recipes and exploring a variety of common diets that people adhere to. Please have your journals and a pencil and be prepared to share about your no sugar drink challenge. We will finish this challenge next Tuesday!
Please answer the following questions:
1. What diets have you heard of? List as many as you can think of.
2. Are you following any specific diet? If so, please explain. If not, explain how you typically eat.
3. Why do you think there are so many diet options?
4. Does one way of eating work for everyone? Why/why not?
5. Do you think it's best to follow a diet for a long time or short period of time? Does it matter?
6. Based on what you have learned from this presentation, what are you thoughts now? Did you thoughts change?
First of all, kudos to Josh for making a healthy delicious meal for his family last night!
Next we will move desks and do a fitness challenge.
I have a question to ask you about a letter...stay tuned! Then we will all report about how our challenge is going.
Next we will do a brainstorming activity (you will need scrap paper for this)
Then we will do the next fitness challenge
After that we will work on a project and then finish with the final fitness challenge!
first fitness challenge
second fitness challenge
third fitness challenge
IT'S ALL ABOUT HEALTH
From fitness to food to sleep, and everything in between, we will explore health in a variety of ways.